Hometown: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Age: 22 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Bishnoi
- Ravi’s mother, Sohni Devi really enjoys watching cricket. They both sit and watch cricket matches together.
- Back in 2013, due to limited finances and limited opportunities, Ravi and his friends built a cricket academy under the name “Spartans Cricket Academy” in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. They did most of the labour work by themselves. The academy is now producing great young talents.
- Bishnoi used to travel on his bicycle to his academy which was 20 km away from his home.
- Ravi used to bowl medium-fast, however, upon the advice of his coach Shahrukh Pathan, he started bowling spin.
- In 2018, Bishnoi skipped his 12th standard exams on getting the opportunity to bowl at the nets of Rajasthan Royals camp, in Jaipur. That year, he grabbed the attention of some prominent cricket players and his career started to incline. The Times of India
- He represented Rajasthan in BCCI Vinoo Mankad Trophy 2019, where he took 17 wickets in 7 matches. He was the highest wicket-taker in the tournament. This performance helped him secure a spot in the U19 Cricket World cup 2020.
- Ravi Bishnoi finished with 17 wickets in the U19 Cricket World Cup 2020, the highest in the tournament and also the most by an Indian player in the history of the tournament.
- His consistent performance helped Ravi get a 2 crore IPL contract with Kings XI Punjab for IPL 2020.
- The young talent, Ravi Bishnoi is seen by the cricket fraternity as a future spin bowling wizard for India. Crictracker
- Ravi Bishnoi admires the legendary leg-spinner, Shane Warne. He grew up watching videos of Warne. His current favourite bowlers are Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Rashid Khan.